Accommodation Resources

Our Resources

Taken from Ottawa Hospital resource package. Please contact TOH for more information if you require accommodations.

In cases where there are no relatives or friends living in Ottawa who can offer accommodations or in cases where financial resources are limited, a social work referral may be required however there are some exceptions such as:

Social Assistance Cases

Patients who are receiving social assistance such as Ontario Works (OW) or Ontario Disability Support payments (ODSP) should be encouraged to contact their case worker to find out if expenses related to accommodations and day-to-day expenses can be covered and the specific arrangements that need to be made in order for expenses to be reimbursed/covered. Typically, patients on assistance are expected to stay at the ROTEL and they must keep all receipts for food, travel and miscellaneous expenses.

Baffin-Ottawa Program Cases

Patients who are transferred from the Baffin region are connected with The Baffin/Ottawa Program, which provides “… a safe and culturally sensitive environment for patients and their escorts…the program provides coordination of medical care, nursing case management and interpretation services.”

Contact #: (613)-523-7822

Interns’ Residence

Is located on the Civic Campus and has over 20 fully furnished suites, each with its own private bathroom, cable TV, telephone (hospital extension), bedding, towels, refrigerator and dishes where applicable. All suites have cooking facilities except for two suites that are equipped with a microwave oven only. Guests must purchase their own food. Please contact Ottawa Hospital for more information.

Ronald McDonald House

This is another option for parents whose child is in the hospital (it is not just for those whose child is a patient at CHEO). The Ronald McDonald House is next to the ROTEL @ 407 Smyth Road (613) 737-5523.